Seth’s Games and Anime
Sundays at 2:00 followed by a regular tournament at 5ish. Entry for draft is 20.00.
Or anytime were open and you guys want to rock it.
What is a Booster Draft?
Booster Draft is a method of play which involves purchasing, opening and building a
deck straight away for a game!
Fighters open the packs and choose a card he or she would like to use in a
predetermined order (this is known as a “draft”), and decks are built right there and
With this unique style, players get to experience the thrill of selecting cards, and
the joy of playing with a different deck every time!
Preparations for Booster Draft
1. Can be played with 2 or more fighters! (It would be best to have 4 players!)
2. Each fighter will prepare 6 booster packs each. *Starting from Booster Pack vol.6
“Breaker of Limits”,there will be 1 trigger unit in each pack, so the recommended rules below will apply. *Please take note that “Extra Booster”sets are not counted as “Booster Packs” . Recommended rules for Draft
1. Decide on the seating arrangement around the table with a ran
dom method. (e.g. rock-paper-scissors, highest dice roll)
2.Each person will open one pack, and check the cards inside that pack.
(Booster Packs from Vol.6 Breaker of Limits onwards will contain 4 normal units
and 1 trigger unit, making it a total of 5 cards.)
3.Choose the trigger unit, as well as a normal unit and place them face down!
Fighters may not peek at the face down cards. (If you are drafting Extra Boosters or Booster Packs Vo.1 to Vol.5, each player chooses only one card.)
4. Once everyone has chosen their cards, all fighters will pass the rest of the cards in
hand to the person on the left, in a clockwise direction!
5. With the cards received from the fighter on the right, choose a card and place it face
down. Once everyone is done, pass the rest of the cards in hand to the left again. Repeat until all the cards have been taken.
6. Between the third and fourth pack, you may check your own face down cards!
Starting from the fourth pack, pass the cards in hand to the person on your right(
7. Once all 6 packs have been opened and passed around, the draft ends! The fight will
now begin with the 30 cards chosen and formed as a deck!
1. Use all the 30 chosen cards as your deck!
2. The rules which restrict only 4 of the same card, as well as only 4 heal triggers in a deck do not apply here!
The basic rules of Cardfight!! Vanguard can be found here:
The rules of a normal cardfight apply, but with the addition
of a special rule for boosterdraft: “All units will be regarded as a unit in all of the clans.”!
This means that card abilities and triggers will definitely activate!
Therefore, the fighters can now ignore the clans when choosing cards to build your deck!
What “All units will be regarded as a unit in all of the clans.”
means: * Clans of all cards will be regarded as 《all of the clans》.
And, all cards with abilities which target a specific clan within the 《》 brackets will
regarded as if it is written as 《 all of the clans》.
At the end of a game
After all games have finished, share the cards equally among all the fighters who took